Tuesday, July 25, 2017

A Strange Sky

Odd clouds
Odd clouds in the north

These dramatic clouds stretched across the northern sky yesterday evening. I stopped along the roadside to get this photo.

When I got home, I read a weather alert about a storm front moving southwest (an unusual direction for a storm to travel) with a possibility of high winds and hail in its path. We didn't get any wind, hail, or rain from it. The high heat index that spawned these clouds is slightly abated today, thank goodness, but tomorrow is going to be another hot one.

I saw someone else's photos of this coral-colored sky on Facebook. They looked so much like mine that I could have sworn I took them!

2 comments:

  1. The skies in Kentucky are always awesome. I truly enjoy the various colors that appear when the sun starts to set, too. God's paint brush for all the see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen the sunsets on my way home from work for years. It is amazing how much the sky changes from one minute to the next, as the clouds move and the sun drops below the horizon.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts