Friday, August 23, 2019

Tropical Storm Barry in Missouri, 2019


When I made my yearly visit to Kansas in July, 2019, Hurricane Barry was all the talk in the news. (Along with the usual politics, of course.) I was planning to travel through Southern Missouri on the same day that the remnants of Barry blew through, so I followed the reports with interest. I wondered if I would spend the day driving through strong winds, torrential rains, or even severe thunderstorms or tornadoes.
Tropical Storm Barry sky-scape in southwest Missouri


Happily, Barry did not impede my trip at all. I drove in fine mist for several hours in south central Missouri before noon. I paused several times during the day to photograph the dramatic clouds. Those short stops were my only travel slow-downs caused by the weather. In eastern Missouri, I was surprised at the strength of the wind and the high humidity when I stopped to fill up with gas. And that was Barry.

Skies of Tropical Storm Barry in southeast Missouri

Barry's winds in Sikeston, Missouri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts