Friday, March 2, 2018

Rag Rugs in a Little Contest

I love making rag rugs!  I do two types -- crocheted and twined -- and I participate in some Facebook groups for those crafts. Last month, Lora of Rags to Rugs by Lora saw a photo of a rug that I had posted on one of those groups and invited me to enter it into her monthly "Made by You" contest.

A brightly colored kitchen rag rug
My February entry won second place
I accepted the invitation, and guess what happened!  I didn't win first place and the prize of $25 of rag rug supplies, but I did win second place and the honor of having my rug displayed in Lora's 2018 hall of fame.

A few days ago, Lora contacted me and asked me if I had another rug to enter this month. I sent her a photo of a twined rug I made recently (photo below.)

I don't think I will win any recognition at all this month, because there are several absolutely gorgeous rugs! They make my little rug look pretty humble. But if you would like, you can visit  Lora's Facebook page and vote for me by clicking the "Like" button under the photo of my rug.

Blue twined rag rug
Please  visit this link and vote for my rug by clicking "Like" under the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts