Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Fractured Knuckle

In other news, I managed to fracture my left index knuckle. It's a small "avulsion fracture." When it happened Saturday evening, I went to the First Care Clinic and got it x-rayed. They taped it up and got me an appointment with an orthopedist this afternoon. 

After he looks at the x-ray, I will find out what, if anything, he wants to do. I really hope he says I can take off this stupid finger splint and stop the buddy taping to the middle finger. If it's supposed to limit my use of my left hand, it is really working well. I blame all typos on this.

I was working at our daughter and son-in-law's new house. I had removed a storm window, and when I was trying to put it back, the prop for the inside window was getting in my way. So I removed the prop and jammed the window all the way to the top. (What could possibly go wrong?!) It seemed like it was going to stay there just fine -- right up to the moment when it came down at warp speed and dealt a sledge hammer blow to my hands. The knuckle got the worst of it.

Honestly, it doesn't hurt at all unless I try to bend the finger. And then it's the finger that hurts, not the knuckle. (Experiments done while rewrapping.)  But I suspect he will want me to continue with the splint a little longer to avoid re-injury. 

Update: I don't have to wear the splint any more, but have to keep the fingers "buddy-wrapped" for a few weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts