Sunday, October 15, 2017

Gray Rag Rug -- Completed!

Crocheted rag rug in grays and black
Crocheted rag rug in grays and black
I'm done with the gray rag rug. It's not a perfect rug, but it is a finished rug. As my daughter sometimes reminds me, "Perfection is the enemy of completion." Or, to say it in a longer way, finished with imperfections is better than never finished because it isn't perfect..

This rag rug is 23" x 40", crocheted in single stitch with a size N hook and 2-1/2" strips. The fabrics are cottons and cotton blends, mostly recycled bed sheets that I've collected at thrift stores.

I am glad to be done with this one because the oval shape gave me trouble. I try to make an oval rug every now and then so I can get better at it, but round rugs are so much easier for me.

Now I can move on to my next big project which is a set of three new kitchen rugs for my daughter who will be moving soon.

About the making of this rug:
Gray Rag Rug in Progress


2 comments:

  1. I think it turned out beautiful! I love it. I can't wait to see the new rugs you make for your daughter. I love seeing the pretty things you make. Hope you have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stitchy. My daughter says the rugs I make for her kitchen will be a "hit and miss" pattern, not "row rugs" like this one. She's still deciding if she wants a specific color palette, or if she wants them truly random. Meanwhile, I've started another little rug. I'll post it up when I get it done.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts