Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Three W.E. Blackhurst Books for Sale

W. E. Blackhurst books about the lumber industry in West Virginia
Riders of the Flood, Sawdust In Your 
Eyes, Of Men and a Mighty Mountain

Note: These books were sold on 8/23/2017! They are no longer available.

I have three W. E. Blackhurst books that I'd like to place in the hands of someone who will enjoy them. Do you have an interest in obscure history or a family connection to logging? Did your ancestor work in lumber and pulp mills in West Virginia or elsewhere? These books may be for you!


  • Riders of the Flood, published in 1954, 5th edition.
  • Sawdust in Your Eyes, published in 1963, 5th edition. 
  • Of Men and a Mighty Mountain, published in 1965, 5th edition.


All three books are in very nice, nearly-new condition with a small amount of shelf-wear. All three have their dust jackets.

I bought them at an estate sale, and they have been in my library for several years. Now I am downsizing my book collection, but I don't want to send these to Goodwill. I'd like to place them with someone who would appreciate them.

If you are not familiar with W. E. Blackhurst, you can read a short biography of him on Wikipedia. He grew up at Cass, West Virginia, a mill town. He knew every aspect of the lumber industry very well, because he was immersed in the lumbering and milling culture from infancy, worked in the mills as a young man, and avidly researched and collected the history of the area.

If you would like to give these books a good home, I am asking $20 for the set of three. If you live in the continental United States, this price includes postage. If you don't think that price is fair, you can make an offer, and I will consider it. Please contact me at gnetz51@gmail.com .

Note: These books were sold on 8/23/2017! They are no longer available.

Photo inside "Riders of the Flood" by Blackhurst
One of the historic photos in
Riders of the Flood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts