Tuesday, March 20, 2018

A Visit to the Dermotologist

Coal train near Trenton, KY
My receipt from the doctor -- and a coal train

Yesterday, I decided I could no longer postpone consulting a dermatologist about a mole on my face. So I called a doctor in Clarksville, and to my surprise, I got an appointment for 11:00 A.M. today. They had a cancellation, and I happened to call at the right moment.

I suppose the pending verdict on the mole was the reason I couldn't sleep last night. I wasn't consciously worrying, but I had extreme insomnia. At 4 AM, I looked at the clock and realized that in about three hours, the alarm was going to ring, sleep or no sleep. Sometime after that, I did drop off, and of course, I was sleeping very well when the alarm rang.

I found the doctor's office in Clarksville with no problem, and after half an hour of paperwork, and an hour of waiting in the reception area and in the examining room, I saw the doctor. She said the mole is a seborrheic keratose which is harmless, Since its itching is bothering me, she froze it with liquid nitrogen. I was thankful to have such a good diagnosis and quick treatment. I'm scheduled to see the doctor in ten weeks for a checkup and more cryosurgery, if necessary.

On the way home, I saw this coal train crossing Highway 181 south of Elkton.  My photograph, through the front window of my car, caught the reflection of my receipt from the doctor's office and superinposed it on the sky. It's sort of a symbol of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts